Error 3194 can show up on your iPhone or other iOS devices while trying to upgrade or restore the device. It’s a clear indication, you cannot update or restore your device, which otherwise is quite an easy process. Fixing Apple Error 3194 is not an easy task. However, in this article, we have listed the steps and procedures for you to follow. Properly implementing the steps should help you to resolve error 3194 by yourself.
What Causes Apple Error 3194
It may so happen sometimes, that iTunes cannot connect to Apple’s software update server. This is when error 3194 shows up. These servers are responsible for activating the iOS while trying to upgrade or restore your device. Most of the times this error shows up when there is something wrong with your iOS. For example, if at some point in time, you used a jailbreak utility to modify your iPhone/iPad/iPod, then that tweak could have modified the host files. This action might block the Apple’s server. Initially, it will not create any impact on your device. But the error might appear later when you try to restore your iPhone or try to update the same.
How To Fix Apple Error 3194
In order to fix apple tv error 319, we have included some easy steps. Just in case, if you fail to understand the process, you can directly ask for a help from our certified engineers.
Step 1: Update iTunes
Updating your iTunes should be the first step in resolving this error. It’s possible that an older version of the iTunes is the reason, for which the connection is getting blocked. So, you need to update it to the latest version and see if your problem gets resolved. If your problem persists, then, go to the next step.
Step 2: Edit Your Hosts File
Hosts file determines the way your computer connects to the internet. So, any disruption in the connection may be due to faulty the Hosts file. Try editing it.
- Quit iTunes
- Locate your Hosts file:
- If you are a Windows user, go to C:\ Windows\ system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- If you are using a Mac, launch the Terminal and type sudo nano/private/etc/hosts and press Enter.
- Any prompt asking for a password, you need to enter your login password to continue.
- In the Hosts file, type 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com at the very bottom and save the file.
- Connect your iOS device to PC via USB and open iTunes.
- Put your iOS device in DFU mode by first turning off the device and then pressing the Home button and power button together for 10 seconds. Then release the Power button but continue to hold on to the Home button, until iTunes shows a message that it is in recovery mode.
- Now restore your iOS device using the iTunes.
After completion of the restoration process, make sure that you delete the gs.apple.com entry completely from the Hosts file. This will prevent future recurrence of the problem.
Similar Post: How To Fix Error 3194 Code in Apple iTunes?
If, your iPhone/iPad/iPod still show error 3194, then go to the Hosts files and add a # and space before the line you typed and then try to restore your device.
Step 3: Check Your Network Or Security Software
Being a connection problem, error 3194 can show up due to a network error.
- Make sure your internet connection is working.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus or other security software you are using. As they may block some of the important features.
- Restart your modem and computer.
Step 4: Use Another Computer
If none of the steps mentioned above fixes your issue, then try to resolve it by using a different computer, to see if your computer is at fault.
These are the steps to fix apple error code 3194 on your iOS device. By now you should be able to eradicate the issue. However, if the problem persists, then contact our Apple id support team for further assistance.
Connect With Us at +1-877-552-8560 For Resolving Your Issue
You can contact us at our Apple Support Number for further assistance with your iOS devices. Alternately, you can connect with us through our Online Chat Portal. For any query on Apple iPhone Error 3194 feel free to reach us at our official mail id. Either way, we promise to provide you with long-term solutions in just a flicker of time