Your apple TV has meet with technical fault such as 1602, 1603, 1604 etc. To Fix Apple TV Restore Error 1604 while trying to restore your iPhone with custom iOS 4.2.1 firmware file created using snowbreeze 2.2 for Windows or Pwnage Tool 4.2 for Mac. Then there is a way to bypass the error. The nowebreeze developers developed iH8sn0w, and has released a new version of iREB tool, which is compatible with iOS 4.2.1.
The tool named iREB which will put your device in a state termed as pawed as so you can upload the custom firmware to it.
iREB RC3 is support the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G[S] (old & new bootrom), iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 2G (MB & MC), iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G
- Apple TV 2
The iREB tool is currently also available for Windows users.
Before the blog steps begins it is must to note that that jail breaking may void its warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Steps to Troubleshoot Apple TV Restore Error 1604:
Step 1: Need to download the latest version of iREB from iH8sn0w
Step 2: Start your iTunes i.e. iREB needs iTunes of 10 or above, it’s a good idea to use the latest version of iTunes – iTunes 10.1.2 as of now
Step 3: Now you need to put your iOS device in DFU mode by following the below steps:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to your computer
- Turn it off
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds very carefully
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps as a USB device is recognized
- And after a few seconds later iTunes should detect your iOS device
Apple TV 2
- Connect your Apple TV 2 with your Computer via microUSB
- Now reboot your Apple TV by holding down Menu + Down buttons together for around 6 seconds
- You need to hold Menu + Play after the reboot, immediately and until you see the message in iTunes saying that Apple TV in recovery mode is detected you need to hold on to it
Step 3: Now close iTunes and launch the iREB tool that you had downloaded earlier
Step 4: Until you get a white or red screen on your iOS device it is required to click on the relevant device from the iREB screen and wait for few seconds
Step 5: Now start iTunes again and select your iOS device from the left hand side side bar
Step 6: While on the iTunes window, hold the Shift key and click on the Restore button.
NOTE: One of the VERY IMPORTANT STEP as just clicking the ‘Restore’ button without the ‘Shift’ button will result in restoring your iPhone with the latest firmware, by holding down the ‘Shift’ button, allows you choose the custom iOS 4.2.1 firmware file created using PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze
Step 7: Navigate and select the custom iOS 4.2.1 IPSW file to restore your iOS device with it
Avail aid via Call on Apple Mac Customer Support Phone Number +1-877-977-6597(Toll-Free) to Apple Products Help
In case you still find it difficulty in fixing the Apple TV error 1604 you can connect to technicians via calling on Apple Mac Customer Support Phone Number US @ +1-877-977-6597 (toll free) in your service to assist you in right direction and guide you in right direction with appropriate solutions. The all day and all night available team give you online remote assistance. We are here to serve you with every possible means. You can also drop an email to customer support email id address or have live chat with technicians for problem understanding.